Monday, September 24, 2018

Sunday's football, and what I got from it. (NFL)

A slew of interesting things happened in yesterday's NFL action, but I think I will only mention the top three things I saw go down throughout the day. Needless to say, most of it isn't good. But, I digress. My expectations were once again too high.

Green Bay Packers. As was the case in the first two games of the season, Clay Matthews got levied with a ridiculous penalty for roughing the passer. I'm sorry, but that hit yesterday by Matthews was textbook, and very much a clean hit. The recipient, a one Alex Smith, even said so himself after the game. For some reason, the Packers have fun afoul of some serious behind-the-scenes nonsense, and are getting screwed every which way possible. As a football fan, this is really starting to grind my gears with these 'improved' rules and garbage penalties. NFL = No Fun League.

Jimmy G goes down and out. Jimmy Garoppolo managed to tear his ACL in the left knee when he made a cut to avoid a tackle with the ball. The franchise quarterback, signed to mega-money in the off-season, is likely done for the year. The list of players ending on on the IR is getting bigger, and now it seems that the 49ers season has gone down the toilet. I hate to see this happen to my team, and it looked as if this season was going to be awesome. Now.....doom and gloom.

The Big Breesy. No one can seemingly stop Drew Brees. Not only did he eclipse the all-time NFL completions mark, but also continued to put up great numbers as he always seems to do. I like Drew Brees, mainly because of his consistency, and also because he's a class act. He's fun to watch, and is apparently ageless. He'll definitely go down as one of the greats......if he ever retires.

No comments:

Post a Comment