Sunday, October 21, 2018

Several surprises yesterday! (NCAA)

I was able to catch most of yesterday's NCAA football action, and witnessed a few things that made me either stop and think, or shake my head with disgust. This was of course well before the alcohol knocked me out near the end of the late night game.

Michigan/Michigan State. Okay, I understand that some inter-state schools have a fierce rivalry, and that it can get quite intense at times. That being said, I completely disagree with Michigan's celebration on the Spartans' centre field logo. Yes, it was in response to something a player from Michigan State did, but the Wolverines could have been the bigger team and celebrated elsewhere on the field after time expired (The end-zone, anyone?). Then again, they do have a Harbaugh for a head coach.....

Purdue upsets Ohio State. I have nothing against Ohio State, and consider them to be a decent bunch overall. What I do like is when a huge underdog comes through and knocks off a top team. Was Ohio State a little too complacent? Did Urban Meyer underestimate his opposition? I really don't know the answer to those questions. What I do know, is that a Purdue fan with a terminal illness got to see his team win such an epic game, and that's all that really matters. The Boilermakers played like a team possessed, and I'm happy it went down the way it did.

Also, a few other neat things: Penn State held on against Indiana (I was watching this one intently), as the Hoosiers suffered from bad play calling in the fourth quarter, resulting in a mess that saw their fans start leaving very early. UCF has a rank! They do, they do! Unlike last year where they got screwed, UCF is ranked 10 so far (and won yesterday too). Finally.....I hate it when Notre Dame has a bye week. It really makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment