Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Some spooky football notes for Halloween! (NFL/CFL/NCAA)

Anyone want to see something scary? No, it's not a ghost, but rather the NCAA college football/playoff rankings, which just came out the other day. What's the first issue I see right away? LSU (7-1) is ranked third, while undefeated UCF (7-0) is way back in 9th. Also, if a 7-1 team is going to be 3rd, it should be Oklahoma. But.....the biggest issue I have with this list is Notre Dame moving down to FOURTH behind LSU??? Notre Dame is 8-0 and has actually beaten several ranked teams. I've been saying for years that the rankings and seedings are a joke, and this just confirms it. The fact that Alabama is always ranked 1st shows what a joke everything is.

The NFL is extremely perplexing this whole season so far, and it's not getting any better eight weeks into the season. Penalty flags are flying at a ridiculous pace, and the league doesn't seem to care that the officiating as a whole has taken a nose dive. Yes, I've been crabbing about this all year, but you know what? I'M RIGHT. Don't believe me? Go on Twitter once in a while. There's enough vitriol being thrown around to convince anyone. Also, watch a game. I've never seen so many flasg fly as they have been this season. Must have been a discount on them at Costco or something.....

The Blue Bombers have kept rolling, and it's helped them clinch a playoff spot. They did it in convincing fashion again the Stampeders, burying them in the second half of the game. Offence and defence are firing on all cylinders right now. That being said, I am going to man up and offer an apology. At the halfway point of the season when the Bombers were struggling, I had said that Matt Nichols was garbage ans should be replaced. I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong, and so I was. Nichols has really bounced back and has been kicking ass. He's in the zone, and I might have given up on him a little early. My bad. Go Bombers!

No comments:

Post a Comment