Thursday, November 22, 2018

My thoughts on the Alliance of American Football. (AAF)

Oh you expected another awesome NFL post? Well.....I have been doing some reading on the upcoming AAF inaugural season, and I like what I see so far.

The AAF will run eight teams across two divisions with a schedule that starts after the NFL's Super Bowl, and is slated to run for ten weeks of regular season action before the start of a four team playoff. Notable rules include the lack of kickoffs, with every team starting on the 25-yard line after a score.

There will be no extra points kicked in after a touchdown, with two-point conversion attempts being required. The play clock will only be 30 seconds, as opposed to the NFL's 40 seconds, and games cannot end in a tie whatsoever. While I disagree with the lack of kickoffs, I like their position on ties, as well as the fact that the two coaches challenges are the only replays in the game (aside from scoring plays inside two minutes). This might eliminate the drag the NFL suffers from whenever there is a replay.

Whether or not this new league will last more than one season has yet to be determined, but I think it could be a lot of fun, especially at the time of year when there normally is no football. Only time will tell how this all ends up.

That being said, I'm always game for more football!

No comments:

Post a Comment