Saturday, November 3, 2018

Returns, departures, and boy was I wrong! (NFL/CFL)

Well now. Saturday isn't even over yet, and I already have things to talk about! (in between the college football I'm watching at the present moment) It seems there are things afoot that just need to be critiqued and dissected by yours truly. Here goes!

Bradford goes bye-bye. The Arizona Cardinals have apparently just released QB Sam Bradford, and I can't say I'm surprised. Bradford is long past his best before date, and has been one knee injury away from retirement for several seasons now. I was more surprised when Arizona first signed him than I am now with his release. Arizona has sucked for two seasons (at least!) and need to move forward. This is what I would call a 'good start'.

Drew Tate, redux. Yes, the same Drew Tate that retired from the CFL back in June is back, and with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. This sort of makes sense, due to the current Zach Collaros-gets-hit-in-the-head episode. The thing I don't understand is why the Roughies always seem to sign geriatric players who are well past their best years. Tate was never that good to begin with, always being a back-up in Calgary, or getting himself injured when called up to be a starter. I don't think he's the answer, and neither is Collaros, who is damaged goods by default.

TNF. I had said in my previous post that the game was essentially going to be a shit-show, and that Mullens was a nobody. I was wrong it seems. Mullens is the real deal, and the game turned out to be a blowout. Luckily, I was quite inebriated by the third quarter, and didn't have to worry about my 49ers at that point. Rye and gingers will do that to you, and I imagine Raiders fans are busy getting more drunk than me to forget their awful team and it's equally awful season. Never mind the fact that they gave up long before halftime. Bartender, a round for all my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment