The last thing we wanted to do here at TTS was get into the whole COVID-19 situation, like most other sports blogs and news websites have, but we do want to keep our followers/readers updated on what the statuses are for the three main leagues that we cover. Below shows each league and the key points for them at this time.
- The 2020 NFL Draft will go ahead, but with no public events. Draft will be held with all players and their representatives accepting from home.
- Signings and trades continue
- Mini-camps are set to begin on time
- Start of regular season set to begin on time in September
- League officials are monitoring the current situation
- Training camps have been postponed league wide
- Individual teams are already cutting staff and looking to shrink operations
- Commissioner Ambrosie has said the season might be delayed*
- Draft has been postponed
- Some programs have already announced pay cuts for coaches and trainers
- Shortened season with only conference games played is being considered
- Early signing period could be pushed back to the start of summer
- Games might be played without fans, but that is a worst case scenario
*It is interesting to note that in the case of the CFL, the commissioner has already publicly stated that he wants to go with the worst case scenario and cancel the whole 2020 season, which the team owners and players (including the CFLPA) are completely opposed to.
In any case, we as football fans will have to wait and see how this plays out in the next few weeks or so. Here at TTS, we hope all goes ahead as planned, but until that happens, we will be putting out less posts for the time being.
Questions or comments about this post? Leave them below!