Sunday, February 24, 2019

2020/2021 Grey Cup games have been awarded. (CFL)

I know, I know. This happened on Thursday and I'm just getting to it now. Some of us work for a living and were also out of town when the announcement came down the pipes. In a perfect world, I could have had my laptop with me and posted live from the commuter train, but I digress. It's an imperfect world.

In case you DIDN'T hear about this, and live under a rock, it was announced Thursday that Saskatchewan would host the 2020 Grey Cup, while Hamilton receives the 2021 Grey Cup. And now, I will regale everyone with my problems with these choices.

Saskatchewan? Let me begin by saying that Saskatchewan is showing up too often in this blog. As a Winnipeg Blue Bombers fan, this is completely unacceptable. Now then, the last three of four Grey Cups had been played out west, this year's game also in Calgary. Too much western love going on here. I'd rather see it broken up, and have a Grey Cup in Montreal (but not at Big O), as well another Grey Cup game back in Ottawa (Why not?).

Rusty hammer. I am in no way a Hamilton Tiger-Cats fan, but they should have been a shoo-in for the 2019 game. Having to wait until 2021 to have the Cup there? Come on CFL, you can do better. With it's rich tradition and history with football, Hamilton should have gotten the nod before Calgary and Saskatchewan (That word again! Oh my!). Besides, the east as a whole needs more love. Watching a Grey Cup from Tim Horton's Field on TV alone would be great, and being there in person would probably be a unique and awesome experience all by itself!

Oh, and we're still waiting the Schooners.....

No comments:

Post a Comment