Sunday, February 24, 2019

Say what? (CFL/AAF/NFL)

Three things I've seen in sports news that pertain to the world of professional football have left me scratching my head, or in one particular case, has me laughing my ass off quite uncontrollably. Let's begin, shall we?

Bridge signs with the Argos. This one falls under the head-scratching category. Brandon Bridge has spent the last three seasons backing up the often-injured Zach Collaros in Saskatchewan. The guy has a great arm, and can be developed. Instead, they let him go to the Argos, leaving the Roughriders with Drew Tate (who was retired last season) and Zach 'Brain Damage' Collaros. Not a good decision by the Roughrider's front office, but then again, it's Saskatchewan.

AAF. According to various sports outlets, the AAF (Alliance of American Football) is struggling. I don't think 'struggling' is the right word here. One, it's a brand new league. Two, it's in smaller cities (for the most part). Three, fans are slow to fill up the stands. All of this should have been expected for a startup league. I've watched several of the games and have found them to be quite exciting, and not nearly as bogged down as the NFL is with penalty flags and such. This league needs a little time before all the haters start hating.

Kraft is a dirty bastard. No easy way to say this, but it's true. Patriots owner Robert Kraft (who I despise) got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, so to speak. He's been caught soliciting sex and going to a spa run by hookers (shocking). This is just par for the course for an owner who is as dirty as his franchise. The NFL needs to come down harder on him than they did on Jim Irsay (Colts owner) several years back. Time to send a message to that fool and his team of punks.

In case anyone is wondering, that last bit made was the thing that made me laugh my ass off.

No comments:

Post a Comment