Thursday, February 28, 2019

Witten is back, Manning might not be. (NFL)

What a week it's been so far! More football news popping up every damn day! (I'm not complaining!) Just when I thought there was nothing else that could be jam-packed into the week, it happens. And here I thought there would be no significant news until the NFL draft. Boy was I wrong!

Witten returns! 11-time Pro-Bowler Jason Witten is returning to the Dallas Cowboys after a nine month retirement. He must really want that Lombardi trophy, or money, or both. Witten was quoted as saying that "The fire to play still burns in me." We shall see if he can help the Cowboys win a Super Bowl next season, or watch as they bomb out of the playoffs again.

Manning back? The Giants are reported as saying they intend to hold onto QB Eli Manning for the time being. As I've aluded to before in this blog, Eli Manning is past his best before date, and is pretty much done at this point. He's a shell of his former self, and should retire immediately. The man has two Super Bowl victories to his credit (Tom Brady's 'kryptonite'. HA!), and has nothing left to pprove in the NFL. If anything, he should become a coach in some way.

If anyone cares.... The Oakland Raiders have finalized a deal to play the 2019 (and possibly 2020) season at the Coliseum in Oakland. Not that anyone gives a damn, because they'll be garbage and finish last or next to last. Raiders fans better stock up on tissues if they already haven't done so.

I know, I know. I'm savage.

No comments:

Post a Comment