Sunday, January 27, 2019

CFL News! (CFL)

Before anyone crabs about the fact that I haven't made a post in a while, let me say this: I get busy sometimes, and I don't answer to anyone. Now that I've settled everything, let's get to the plethora of CFL news as of late, and my take on it!

1) Chris Jones bolts to the NFL. I honestly didn't see this one coming. This is the same man who said all season he wants to stay in Saskatchewan, and even signs a one-year extension to do so. Flash forward one week, and he bolts for the Cleveland Browns and leaves the Roughriders in the lurch. Being a Winnipeg fan, I normally laugh at the Roughriders for crap like this, but this time, they got completely burned by someone who went back on his word. I have no time for things like that.

2) Craig Dickenson takes over. Just the other day, the same Roughriders hired Craig Dickeson as their new head coach, who comes over from the Edmonton Eskimos. Is he a good fit? Will he raise the bar in Saskatchewan? Why the hell do I care? Regardless of my personal feelings for the Roughriders may be (sorry guys, one paragraph of pity is all you get from me), this could be an interesting time in Saskatchewan, providing they find a better starting QB than often-injured Zack Collaros.

3) Free agents. The top two free agents still available are Calgary's Bo Levi Mitchell (who I still think is completely overrated), and Edmonton's Mike Reilly. I'm surprised no team (not even their own) has given them a deal. There are several teams that could use a starting QB, with the Alouettes, Argonauts, and Tiger-Cats on said list. It will be interesting to see if their current teams re-sign them, or they leave to go elsewhere.

I'll have more for you when there is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment