Sunday, January 13, 2019

Saturday's Divisional action. (NFL)

I'm going to spare everyone my normal two cents worth of an intro, and get right to the meaty part. To quote a famous line from the 1980's, "Where's the beef?"

The answer is: RIGHT HERE!

Colts/Chiefs. As I mentioned in my last post, the Indianapolis Colts weren't going to be a factor in this game, and they weren't. They were lucky to get past the Texans last week in Houston, and ran right into the brick wall known as the Chiefs. The Kansas City defence shut them down, and Patrick Mahomes did the rest on offence to help eliminate the hapless Colts.

Look for Indianapolis to be a much better playoff team next season. As for right now, the Chiefs will host an AFC Championship game for the first time ever next week. Should be a good one!

Cowboys/Rams. The Dallas Cowboys looked great last week, as they had in the latter half of the regular season. Yesterday against the Rams, it all came to a crashing halt. As good as Dak Prescott and the rest of the offence had been as of late, they just couldn't get it done in Los Angeles. They need to build on this, and add more pieces for next year's campaign, rather than look at the negatives.

The Rams will now have to see who they get after today's action. Will it be New Orleans, or Philly? Either way, I think the Rams, and Jared Goff are up to the challenge. I will stop short however, from a complete endorsement until after I watch today's action.  To do this, I'm going to need more snacks and more beer.

Sunday football.....here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment