Wednesday, January 9, 2019

NFL playoff picture, and what may or may not happen. (NFL)

The Wild Card weekend was interesting to say the least, with a couple surprises along the way. I had figured that Dallas would get past Seattle (I don't drink the Russell Wilson Kool-Aid), and it was almost a sure thing beforehand that the Chargers would beat the Ravens.

What I found REALLY confounding was the way in which the Eagles got past the Bears (Calling Cory Parkey!). I honestly did NOT see Parkey missing the second attempt after making the first (which was iced), even with his history with crossbars. And the Texans losing IN HOUSTON to the lowly Colts? Just wow. 

That being said, here's my take on this weekend's Divisional round:

Kansas City/Indianapolis. Not much to say here. I don't have anything against Andrew Luck, but him and the Colts are no match for Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs machine. I don't even think this one will be that close, either.

Dallas/LA Rams. This game is in Los Angeles, and the Rams have been both an offensive juggernaut, as well as an ever-adapting defensive unit. The Cowboys might hang in there for a bit, but in the end the Rams should pull this out by a couple of scores.

Chargers/Patriots. I dunno. This one is up in the air. The Patriots are usually the class of the AFC, but are not this year. The Chargers usually choke in the first round of the playoffs, but didn't this year. I honestly don't have a clue who wins this game, as it could go either way.

And finally.....Saints/Eagles. The Eagles got past the Bears last week not because they were better, but because the Bears committed a strong of late mistakes to seal their own fate. Not going to happen here. Expect Sean Payton and Drew Brees to pull out all the stops. Philadelphia's Super Bowl defence ends with this game. I mean, come on. S-u-p-e-r-d-o-m-e!

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment